WIO NETWORK BACKGROUND
WIO Network is a community of professionals with the mission to get more qualified women to apply for professional level and leadership positions at the United Nations and International Organisations.
We are a volunteer-led organization comprised of men and women from different nationalities and assist women from all sectors and industries who want to have a career at the United Nations or other International Organisations.
Under the supervision of the WIO Network Board and under the guidance of the Chair / Vice-Chair, the Public Relations Intern is responsible for delivering clear, accurate, researched and agreed-upon communication via newsletters, blogs, social media releases from WIO Network to the International and local workforce, English, and at times German language media as well as to audiences who speak both languages, but English being the stronger of both languages
- Serve as focal point for media outreach;
- Maintains, develops and adds to WIO Network’s media contact list;
- Engage and support journalistic and photographic online, network and print coverage;
- Provide public information and public relations support in terms of speech writing, talking points, presentations and representations, press release content;
- Liaise with other colleagues, in particular with local women’s networks, information services (eg. UNIS) and focal points (individual UN / IO women or career focal points), to elicit and request information, statistics, and updates for content for: multimedia, newsletters, social media, website, press releases, research, presentations, etc;
- Write, direct and supervise the production of multimedia and content for the above listed in both the English and German language;
- Monitor gender parity related English and German language media;
- Maintains WIO Network’s website and content;
- Proofread and edit externally submitted materials in either language for publication;
- Undertake any other assignments or committee roles or projects as may be required.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree (or soon to graduate) in communications, media, journalism, or other related field;
- Minimum 3 years of progressively responsible experience in undertaking media outreach on behalf of an NGO / NPO, ideally in an international setting;
- Experience as a freelance or active NGO / NPO journalist a distinct advantage,
- Excellent writing, drafting and editing skills in English and German;
- Excellent interpersonal, intercultural networking skills;
- Commitment to the highest ethical standards, high integrity, human rights and gender parity advocate;
- Reflective of WIO Network values;
- Passionate about supporting WIO Network initiatives (in committee and on projects);
- Eager to learn about gender parity and how to help members and event participants achieve their goals;
- Committed to engaging in dialogue in interactions with board members, stakeholders, colleagues, partners, members and the media.
English proficiency (spoken + written) and working knowledge of German required, further languages a bonus.
Intern would ideally be available from May until the end of 2019 with options to extend and change, grow or reduce / share responsibilities.
26 April 2019
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your CV along by e-mail with a motivation paragraph on how and why you advocate gender parity and a sample of your writing via a release or publication of one of your articles or blogs.
WIO Network is committed to diversity and inclusion and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply. Men can also be great advocates of gender parity!
Please apply using the following e-mail email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you,
WIO Network Team